Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Being Home

For me this is the time that matters. Anyone can do everything right when you have no other choice. But when you are home and the real world hits you that is the challenge. Yesterday was my first whole day home. My plan is 1 hour a day of exercise 6 days a week. Hopefully more on many days. Well the real world hit! My plan was to walk for 1 1/2 hours before work. It was raining and I was tired and that didn't happen. I worked until 4:30 then went to the store with the intention of making Enchilada Casserole form Fitness Ridge. Well I am from a small town without the best grocery. The 1 package of corn tortillas was expired. The enchilada sauce the recipe called for had MSG (my son can't have and nobody should). There also was no squash available. So I opted for the stuffed chicken breast instead. Of course, not everything I needed for that either. By then I was frustrated and had to get my son to his ball game. I sat in the stands next to a dear friend, who was eating popcorn drinking soda and had big chewy sweet tarts. Total temptation. I did good, drank water. Then I had to take my other son to cub scouts (before the game was over). So by 8 the game was over, scouts was over and I still had nothing for supper. SUBWAY HERE WE COME!!!! We do at least have a Subway so I know exactly how many calories I am getting. The goal now is to make it to a real store and stock up on good foods.

Now in contrast to my last minute Subway run, Valerie spent the day shopping for healthy foods. She made 2 veggie lasagnas and 2 enchilada casseroles. Enough for supper and to freeze for the future! Go Val! She said the kids didn't care for supper though.

2 comments:

  1. Do you get recipes and/or cookbooks for the food they serve at BLR at Fitness Ridge? Or do you just try and replicate what you ate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a cookbook there that is available for purchase. It has many of the recipes that we ate in it. I think it was 30.00.

    ReplyDelete