Monday, November 30, 2009

I am thankful that Thanksgiving is over.




So I think we both survived the 1st of the holidays, sort-of. I will say that I still have a food addiction. I know lots of people advice you to not skip what you love. It is the rest of the year that matters, etc. For me, I am just not there yet. I need to avoid my "BAD" food entirely. At the in-laws I ate only good food... steamed broccoli, turkey, fruit, etc. At my mom's we had healthy choices and some very not so healthy choices and I crossed the line. One small piece of chocolate turtle cheesecake threw me over the edge into a deep downward spiralling out-of control splurging frenzy. OK, it wasn't really that bad, but it was certainly over what I had been eating and for the first time in 3 weeks I felt sick after eating. Compared to last year I did do better, however I am not who I was last year and I do not want to be! Looking at what I weighed at the start of the year I am down about 25 pounds. I hope to be over 30 by the end of this year. I know I must not be that out of control person again.


On Thanksgiving Day, we had no place to be so Josh, Logan and I went to Garden of the Gods, in southern Illinois and hiked a good part of the day. I must say... I felt like a new person. I could keep up with Logan, even on the up hills! We even ran in some places. The boys said it was the best Thanksgiving ever. I would have never left the couch a month ago!




Now for Valerie.... Stress fracture in her foot! She has been told to hit the pool for exercise. It was bothering her in Utah some, then after treading last week really started to hurt. And Black Friday she couldn't shop! And Valerie can always shop! So she headed to the doctor and found out that she had a stress fracture!

No comments:

Post a Comment