Monday, November 23, 2009

One week out!

Well the real world has definitely hampered our exercise plans. We have both stuck to the diet very well, making several of the BLFR recipes.
In the week I have been home I have lost as much weight as I did at the resort. However I know I am not building the muscle that I did there! I did find a kickboxing class that is only 20 minutes away. I will be trying it this week. I am sure it will not compare to Sharon's class! It was kicking! I am also debating on joining a gym. I really hate to pay the money to join a gym that is 30 minutes away. I am so short on time now! The kickboxing class is actually in the opposite direction of the gym. Small town living stinks! The good thing about the kickboxing is that it is at 6 am. SO it really only interferes with sleep. It is on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I hope I like it!
I got a treadmill (thanks Brenda). I will be able to do my treading once a week at my house. I am looking forward to that.
The boys and I hiked/scooted/bikes 7.4 miles yesterday! I walked it, Logan rode his bike and Josh rode his scooter (push not motorized). We thought it was 6.5 until I checked it today! I am so proud of my boys. They loved it. We learned a few things though. 2 L of water is not enough for all 3 of us. And Josh can make it just under that distance. LOL I had to ride the 4 wheeler to pick up him and his scooter. He made it one hill away from our house! Logan and I want to go to Albion, which is the next town over from ours. It is about 10 miles away. I think we may try that on Thanksgiving day! No big dinners planned until Friday after Thanksgiving. So it would be ideal!
And BTW.... you do not have to gain through the Holidays, spend a little extra time figuring out healthy alternatives to the old favorites and you will do great and even lose. I survived Thanksgiving with the In-Laws. They had the cheesy, bready stuff. But I chose to stay away from it. I ate steamed broccoli (no cheese) and turkey. With a small bit (like real small- tablespoon size) of dressing and cranberries. I bulked up on the good for you things and still tasted some of the flavors of Thanksgiving. And I will say, I didn't feel the Thanksgiving CRASH afterwards. I was not moaning and groaning or napping. I felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment